The stage is struck; the bands have all gone home, and all we have left are memories. Here are a few…
1. The crowd around Magician JB Benn, which started so small that we couldn’t see it; and ended so big that you couldn’t see him in the center. Leave it to a magician to steal the show.
2. Micah Blue Slaldone, playing “THE MULE” backed by CokeWeed, and looking fully rock-star-lit!
3. CokeWeed with their 10 minute cover of “SALLY GO ROUND THE ROSES”
4. The MILKMAN’S UNION, average age: 24. Their bright future kept the sun up an extra hour.
5. The TOUGHCATS, whose pre-show rehearsal in the main hall of the DAC was a rare privilege.
6. SAMUEL JAMES’ foot, tapping out as much rhythm as a drum kit, while his other leg sailed up into the air.
7. JUNCO’s drummer who channeled Jimmy Chamberlain into the ether of Denmark
8. Paper hats.
9. A potentious sign on the lemonade stand: SOLD OUT
…and, of course, all this: